Deadline & Amount
April 1, 2021 | $3,000
The Janet Phleger Foundation provides assistance to graduating high school seniors that have had a parent or legal guardian who has been diagnosed with cancer – whether they are a survivor, may have succumbed to cancer, or are currently fighting the battle.
- Candidate must have a parent/legal guardian that was diagnosed with cancer.
- Candidate (or parent/legal guardian) must currently live or work in Toledo and surrounding suburbs.
- Candidate must be a graduating high school senior.
- Candidate must be attending an Ohio College or Trade School.
- Candidate must show financial need.
- Cover Sheet: This shows that all required documents are included.
- Contact Information: Address, High School, and College/University
- Personal essay: Submit personal essay discussing how your parent or legal guardian’s battle with cancer has influenced your development and the way you see the world. If you were awarded this scholarship, what would it mean to you? Essay must be 1,000 words or more.
- Community and extracurricular activities: Submit a list of your community and extracurricular activities.
- Letters of recommendation: Submit 2 letters of recommendation from individuals that can comment on your character (family members and friends are excluded).
- SAR document: Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR) – the report you receive after submitting the (FAFSA).
Complete all required fields in the online application on or before April 1, 2021.
Applications are considered INCOMPLETE until all attachments have been received.
If you have any difficulties please contact 419-410-8240 or JanetPhlegerFoundation@gmail.com.